The University of Texas at Arlington is a growing research powerhouse committed to life-enhancing discovery, innovative instruction, and caring community engagement. An educational leader in the heart of the thriving North Texas region, UT Arlington nurtures minds within an environment that values excellence, ingenuity, and diversity.
Guided by world-class faculty members, the University's 33,300 students represent 120 countries and pursue more than 180 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in a broad range of disciplines. UT Arlington is dedicated to producing the lifelong learners and critical thinkers our region and nation demand. More than 107,000 of the University's 169,000 alumni live in North Texas and contribute to our annual economic impact of $12.8 billion in the region.
With a growing number of campus residents, UT Arlington has become a first-choice university for students seeking a vibrant college experience. In addition to receiving a first-rate education, our students participate in a robust slate of co-curricular activities that prepare them to become the next generation of leaders.
University of Distinction
Excellence and achievement abound at The University of Texas at Arlington. Our highly ranked academic programs attract the best and brightest scholars from around the world, and our faculty and students consistently receive national and international recognition for their accomplishments. The breadth and depth of these accolades accentuate UT Arlington's status as a pre-eminent place for intellectual pursuits and a driver of positive change.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education 2013 Almanac lists UT Arlington as the nation's seventh fastest-growing public research institution based on enrollment between 2001 and 2011.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UT Arlington fifth nationally for providing a racially and ethnically diverse campus .
- UT Arlington is one of six universities nationwide to be named a “Next Generation University” in a 2013 study published by the New America Foundation. The report cites the University's online courses and degree programs, enrollment growth, and position as an emerging research institution.
- The U.S. News & World Report Short List ranks UT Arlington first among the top 10 U.S. colleges and universities with the most new transfer students . The University had 8,649 new transfer students in fall 2012.
- In 2013 UT Arlington led all four-year Texas universities in the production of online student credit hours.
- UT Arlington was named one of the best universities to acquire an affordable online postgraduate degree by College Education Online .
- The Princeton Review named UT Arlington a “Best in the West” university in its 2014 Best Colleges: Region by Region list.
- UT Arlington is one of the 50 most popular U.S. colleges and universities for international students based on data from the Institute of International Education's 2013 Open Doors Report.
- According to the 2014 Military Times rankings, UT Arlington is one of the nation's best universities for military veterans , and the College of Business is one of the best business schools for military veterans.
- PayScale.com ranks UT Arlington No. 11 of 69 public and private colleges and universities in Texas that provide the best College Return on Investment . When financial aid is factored in, UTA ranked No. 170 among 1,330 universities nationwide.
- DiversityComm Inc. and its four diversity magazines named UT Arlington a "Best of the Best 2014" in the category of universities and colleges. The yearly evaluation examines outreach and accessibility to the Hispanic/Latino, African-American, female, and veteran populations.
- A 2014 article in The Journal of Systems and Software ranks UT Arlington No. 3 in agile software development among higher education institutions worldwide.
We have research centers in every discipline. Our efforts have earned us the classification as a Research University/High Research Activity according to the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. And total funding for research reached a record $77.7 million last year. See all of our current research or find faculty expertise .
Students and faculty work at some of the most advanced learning environments in Texas, including the clean room in our nanofab lab , the kilns in our glass-blowing studios , the neonatal intensive care unit in our Smart Hospital , and the brain injuries laboratory in our Maverick Activities Center . New, state-of-the-art facilities like the Shimadzu Institute for Research Technologies are emerging as the University adds more programs and increases its national and international impact.
They come from every state and 123 countries, resulting in one of the most diverse student groups in the nation.
Degrees Offered (Fall 2013)
Enrollment (Fall 2013)
Diversity (Fall 2013)
22 percent Hispanic
14 percent African American
10 percent Asian
9 percent International
With more than 300 campus organizations , about 10,000 students living on or within five miles of campus, and a constant flow of speakers, entertainers, and musicians visiting year-round, UT Arlington has an unstoppable energy.
These are just a few of the shared experiences that make us Mavericks.
Oozeball. Our annual mud-volleyball tournament is our most popular tradition. It's also the only time you'll look back fondly on getting mud in your teeth.
Bed Races. 1 bed + 4 wheels + a team of 5 = a 30-year tradition.
Maverick Stampede. Welcoming students back to campus, it's the ultimate two-week warm-up with tons of activities hosted by student groups.
We compete in NCAA Division I .
Men's teams :
Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
Women's teams :
Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
Movin' Mavs , our wheelchair basketball team has won seven national championships.
Our campus spans 420 acres and includes more than 100 buildings , some dating from 1919. In recent years, campus construction projects totaling almost $300 million have buoyed development in downtown Arlington. To see everything we offer, schedule a visit .
How to apply
Applying is as easy as starting here .
The short answer:
In-State Undergraduate Tuition and Fees: $9,152
Out-of-State Undergraduate Tuition and Fees: $18,004
The long answer, full of details:
See all of the estimated costs .
There are a lot of details, deadlines, and dollars to discuss. But there's also a lot of help, support and financial aid . The average gift aid
package—grants and scholarships that do not have to be repaid—is about $5,700 per student.
Of UT Arlington's 169,000 alumni , approximately 107,000 live in North Texas. Their presence helps the University create an annual economic impact of almost $13 billion in the region.